Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spring Time

Spring is by far my favorite season! Somehow turning off the heat, and opening all my windows and doors to let the fresh air and sunlight in is almost healing. I am not a fan of gym shoes, boots, or really any shoes that I have to wear socks with (neither is Chloie), so the second it starts warming up I bring out the flip flops and sandals.


We love spending time outside as a family. What is it about Spring that immediately makes me desire long walks, and fresh healthy foods? Can't complain about it though, I certainly need it after a winter of being couped in the house, and lots of yummy holiday foods.


Chloie has a new obsession with dogs. She runs around yelling "DOG" and "WOOF" every time she sees or hears one. But, get her close enough to one (without a fence as a barrier) and she turns shy and wants to be held.



Another new thing she has picked up is smelling everything. She smells all flowers, bushes, leaves, you name it.





Enjoying some light reading... (yes, that is a phone book)



And sweeping up the chalk off the sidewalk...



Here are some more of my favorite shots of the day (Be happy I didn't post them all, I took over 200 shots today alone!)





I am so happy I finally started playing around with the manual settings on my Nikon. Up until recently I was just using "auto". I was really unhappy with the manual settings at first, but after today I've realized that indoor shots really are that much worse then using natural light.



Now I just need to get some filters, because as you can see sometimes too much light is not always a good thing. I ended up with a lot of washed out looking pictures from too much sun.





I've been trying to think of more outdoor activities for us. We have plenty of "buh-boles", sidewalk chalk, the cozy coupe car, a plastic slide, a soccer ball, but I have a feeling some of that will get old after awhile. I'm really looking forward to more sun and warm weather, I need to shed this baby weight before the much less loved "bikini season"! Stay tuned for my weight loss journey, I'm trying SparkPeople now, but I would really like to try Weight Watchers.

No comments: